The Pickering Public Library is now offering Print from Home service for a trial period. You can send print jobs from your home to our printer and pick up your pages during curbside service hours! During this trial period, there is no charge for this service. That’s right, for a limited time this service is being offered free of charge!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Print from Home print jobs can only be picked up at the Central Library.
- Print jobs must be submitted from a PC, Mac, or Chromebook (instructions below). They can not be submitted from a mobile device, such as a cell phone or tablet.
- Clients are limited to ten (10) free pages per day.
- In addition to the daily page maximum, print jobs must be:
- Black and white (no colour printing),
- Letter (8.5x11") or legal (8.5x14") size paper.
- Print jobs must be picked up on the same day they are submitted. Print jobs not picked up on the same day may be deleted. Clients must arrive a minimum of thirty (30) minutes before the Central Library closes to ensure there is adequate time to print and deliver the print job.
- Once you notify staff that you have arrived to pick up your Print from Home print job, please allow staff ten (10) to fifteen (15) minutes to print your submission and deliver it to you.
- Onsite printing, photocopying, and scanning is not available at this time.
- All of the above is subject to change without notice.
Now that we have the housekeeping out of the way, here's how to print from home:
- Click on this link to create a PaperCut account (skip this step if you already have a PaperCut account).
- Click on this link to install PaperCut.
- Watch the video below or read the instructions on how to submit a print job.
- Wait for library staff to email you to confirm that we’ve received your print job and that it meets our criteria. This email will contain important information you need to know before you come to Central Library, so please read it carefully.
- Once you’ve received and read the confirmation email, come to Central Library to pick up your documents!
If you experience any difficulties submitting your print job from home, please call the Central Library at 905-831-6265 for assistance, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we have a twenty-four (24) hour turnaround time when replying to emails.