To provide equitable access to the resources and ideas that inspire lifelong learning and well-being.
Pickering is a city where learning is promoted in all its forms and promoted as a force for improved personal, social, civic, and economic change. The Library is the heart of the learning city.
2. Collaboration: We facilitate collaboration and community partnerships which lead to increased community capacity and effective problem solving.
3. Equity: Equity of access means that all people have the Library resources they need - regardless of age, education, ethnicity, language, income, physical limitations, or geographic barriers; they are able to obtain information in a variety of formats and are free to exercise their right to know without fear of censorship or reprisal.
4. Fun: We provide service with a positive spirit and sense of fun.
5. Community Engagement: Our Library service is developed with community feedback, and active participation in decision making and service development.
6. Innovation: We encourage creativity, experimentation, and the generation of new ideas.
7. Service Excellence: We provide trusted professional service that exceeds clients' expectations.
8. Inclusion and Diversity: The Library has a responsibility to contribute to a culture that celebrates diversity and fosters social inclusion.