Current Job Listings
If you are ready to make a difference in a dynamic and innovative Library system, we'd love to hear from you.
We currently have no opportunities available.
Pickering Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and welcome applications from qualified applicants reflective of the diverse population we serve including members of visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Accommodations are available on request to the Human Resources department throughout the recruitment and employment process.
Why Work Here
At Pickering Public Library, you get to develop your professional goals, while building a community! We work together to provide all members of our community with opportunities to develop their fullest potential throughout life by providing equitable access to the resources and ideas that inspire lifelong learning and well-being. Join us to make a difference in this dynamic and innovative Library system.
We offer rewarding development opportunities, competitive compensation package, the ability to enjoy work-life balance, learning opportunities and a safe and supportive work environment!
We are a Learning Organization and learning is in our DNA! We encourage and facilitate learning in all its forms to help us grow, adapt, transform, and innovate in a rapidly changing business environment. We offer:
- Comprehensive onboarding and on-the-job training
- In-house training sessions and workshops
- External training and development
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional Development Learn Anything Anywhere Days
- Weekly Sharing Meetings
- Annual Staff Learning Day
- Mentorship Program
- Easy access to unlimited resources such as books, movies, programs, eLearning and digital technology.
Health and Wellness
We offer an environment where you can be heard, challenged, learn, grow, and bring your true self to work. Pickering Public Library was the first Library in Canada to serve as an early adopter of the National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace to help us promote mental health and wellness.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Weekly Wellness time
- Discounted Membership to the Chestnut Hill Recreation Complex
- Confidential Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Recognition and Wellness initiatives
- Meaningful Work and Projects
- Flexible work arrangements and paid time off
OMERS is a defined benefit pension plan designed to provide a reliable stream of income in retirement. Pickering Public Library contributes 9% to your retirement plan.
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Service Award Program
- Free Coffee
- Best team members you can ask for