Maker Space Schedule
|Hours of Operation:
|1:15 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
|3:15 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
|1:15 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
|9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Booking Maker Space Equipment & Health and Safety Precautions
- The items listed below must be booked in advance by clicking on the equipment's name or clicking the "Book Now" button above.
- Items can only be booked up to 3 weeks in advance.
- Not all Maker Space equipment is available for client use yet. Please check back for updates.
- Walk-in usage may be possible if there are no bookings.
- Clients must follow all safety procedures while in the Library. Please see our COVID-19 Service Updates page for more information.
- Due to public health occupancy restrictions, please arrive on time for your appointment.
Maker Space Equipment
NEW! Watch Repair Kit and Jewelry Repair Kit
A Watch Repair Kit and Jewelry Repair Kit are now available for use at the Central Library’s Maker Space. Just like every other piece of Maker Space equipment you need:
- A valid Pickering Public Library Card
- A piece of Photo ID to sign the Maker Space Waiver for your first visit each year.
Jewelry Repair Kit
A repair kit which includes an assortment of tools and supplies needed to make basic repairs to your jewelry such as pliers, beading needles, tweezers and more. Also includes 12 styles of jewelry findings and copper wire in silver and gold colour. This kit does not include any replacement jewelry pieces.
Watch Repair Kit
A repair kit which includes an assortment of tools needed to make basic repairs to all styles of watches such as precision screwdrivers, chain link pin pushers and more. Using the kit, you can replace your watch battery and remove/add chain links. This kit does not include replacement batteries, chain links or chain link pins.
Other key pieces of information for these items include:
- These cannot be reserved through Setmore, they are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- These items are for in-library use only; they are not to be taken out of the Maker Space area.
- There is no staff assistance provided with the Kit, the kits are intended for self-directed use.
Maker Space FAQs
MakerFest celebrates all things Maker! It is an annual event that celebrates the creativity and innovation of our community and clients through workshops, demonstrations, and speaker presentations.
A Maker is anyone who wants to build, innovate, or create. From fibre arts to STEM-based projects, we would love to celebrate everything you can make!
Yes they will! You can find recordings of our previous MakerFests on our YouTube channel.
Black & White printing: 10 cents a page
Colour printing: 50 cents a page
The Library provides Wireless Printing services at our Central and George Ashe locations. These services are designed to accommodate our clients' needs to print from their personal devices (laptops, phones, tablets, etc.).
Mobility Print: To use Mobility Print at the Library, navigate to the Mobility Print setup (available on Library Wifi only) and follow the instructions for your device. You will be required to create your own PaperCut account in order to use Mobility Print to submit your print job. Click on this link to create a PaperCut account. Once submitted the document can be released from the Release Station by entering your username.
Email to Print: allows users to print by emailing their documents to a special address. No client software or drivers are required. It supports PDF and picture file attachments.
Once received the document can be released from the 1st Floor release station by entering your Papercut account name.
You will need to verify your email address the first time you submit a print job. Colour or B&W needs to be chosen at time of printing.
All three Library locations have a photocopier.
Black & White copies: 10 cents a page
Colour copies: 50 cents a page
All PPL locations offer free WiFi. Look for the network Library Wifi on your device. No special settings, usernames or passwords are required.