At the Pickering Public Library we have various technology services for clients to access. For more information on our Maker Space, please visit the page here: https://pickeringlibrary.ca/makerspace, opens a new window
*NEW* 1-on-1 Device Assistance
The Library is now offering 1-on-1 device assistance for you to schedule a dedicated period of time with a knowledgeable staff member to help you troubleshoot basic problems, or for you to learn more features of your new device.
We offer help with:
- Laptops (Windows 10 or newer/Mac OS 11 or newer/Chromebooks only)
- Smartphones and Tablets (Android 8 or newer, iOS 13 or newer only)
- Kobo eReaders (Kobo Touch or newer only, Kindle does not support our eBook providers and Sony/Nook eReaders are no longer supported)
- Email and Microsoft Office Apps
- Any digital services offered through the Pickering Public Library (e.g. Libby, cloudLibrary, etc.)
At this time, we cannot help with the following:
- File Recovery or Drive Partitioning
- Computer Upgrades/Disassembly
- Desktop Computers
- Specialized Software Programs (e.g. Adobe products, tax software, etc.)
If you would like to learn how to use any of our Maker Space equipment, please book an appointment on the Maker Space page.
We offer this service every week at Central Library and every other week at George Ashe Library, but registration is required. You will also be required to sign a liability waiver. Appointments are an hour in length.
When registering please enter a detailed description of the problem you would like assistance with in the Details field. You can register for an appointment here:
- Central Library: Click here to book, opens a new window
- George Ashe Library: Click here to book, opens a new window
If you would like help with something not listed above, or aren’t sure which category your needs fall under, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know if we are able to assist you with your specific need.
In-Library Loanable Laptop Service
Need a webcam? Camera? Internet? The library has several pieces of loanable tech, some of which can be taken home! Please look at some our items below. Some of these items are popular and have a long wait list, please fill out a feedback form if there's any you think we should get more of.