We are delighted to provide the latest technology services you need, anytime and anywhere!
Pickering Public Library offers the following Technology Services:
- Printing, Scanning, Photocopying and Faxing
- Computer Internet Access
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Google Chromebooks available for public use in-library
- Wireless Printing in-library
All Mobile Printing options require a Papercut Account, click here to create one.
Please check out our Technology FAQs for answers to all your Technology-related questions!
Don't forget to check out our Maker Space Service at the Central Library. We offer computer and technology advice, answer operating system questions for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux, software recommendations including free and open source alternatives, and much more.
Print from Home Service
Using our Print from Home service, you can send print jobs from your home to our printer and print your pages during regular open hours!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Print from Home print jobs can be picked up at the Central Library or the George Ashe Library.
- Print jobs must be submitted from a PC, Mac, or Chromebook (instructions below). They can not be submitted from a mobile device, such as a cell phone or tablet.
- Print jobs can be:
- Black and white or colour.
- Letter (8.5x11"), legal (8.5x14"), or tabloid (11x17") size paper.
- Print jobs must be picked up on the same day they are submitted. Print jobs not picked up on the same day may be deleted.
Now that we have the housekeeping out of the way, here's how to print from home:
- Click on this link to create a PaperCut account (skip this step if you already have a PaperCut account).
- Your email address must be verified before it can be added to your account. To verify, please open the automatic email you will receive from firstname.lastname@example.org, click on the link within it, and enter your username and password when prompted.
- Click on this link to install PaperCut.
- Watch the video below or read the instructions on how to submit a print job.
- Come to the library where you submitted your print job (Central Library or George Ashe Library) to pick up your documents!
If you experience any difficulties submitting your print job from home, please call the Central Library at 905-831-6265 for assistance, or email us at email@example.com. Please note that we have a twenty-four (24) hour turnaround time when replying to emails.
Wireless Printing: The Library provides Wireless Printing services at our Central and George Ashe locations. These services are designed to accommodate our clients' needs to print from their personal devices (laptops, phones, tablets, etc.).
Mobility Print: To use Mobility Print at the Library, navigate to the Mobility Print setup (available on Library Wifi only) and follow the instructions for your device. You will be required to create your own PaperCut account in order to use Mobility Print to submit your print job. Click on this link to create a PaperCut account, opens a new window. Once submitted the document can be released from the Release Station by entering your username.
Email to Print: allows users to print by emailing their documents to a special address. No client software or drivers are required. It supports PDF and picture file attachments.
Once received the document can be released from the 1st Floor release station by entering your Papercut account name.
Note: You will need to verify your email address the first time you submit a print job. Colour or B&W needs to be chosen at time of printing.
Black & White printing: 10 cents a page
Colour printing: 50 cents a page
Black & White copies: 10 cents a page
Colour copies: 50 cents a page