Did you know you can register online?
Don't want to come in for a library card? Online registration gives you access to our digital products and catalogue. Head to our Online Registration page to learn more about what services are available when you register for an online membership.
A valid Pickering Public Library card is required to borrow materials and are FREE to the following groups:
- Residents of Pickering (proof of residence is required such as a driver’s license or utility bill)
- Employees of Pickering businesses (proof of employment is required such as a cheque stub with a Pickering address)
- Students attending Pickering schools (School ID card or other proof of enrollment is required)
- Those who own property in Pickering (proof such as a tax bill is required)
- Please Note - a second piece of ID with home address is also required.
Don't Live in Pickering?
The Pickering Public Library welcomes members from other Durham municipalities (proof of residence is required such as driver's license or utility bill). Note: A piece of photo ID is also required in cases where proof of residence does not have a photo, such as a utility bill.
Don't Live in Durham?
For non-Durham residents you may purchase a membership for $50 per year. We also have two additional non-Durham resident options: a six-month card for $27 or a three-month card for $15.
Are you under 14 years of age?
All children who are 13 years of age and under, require the signature of a parent or guardian to get a library card.
For more information regarding borrowing privileges, please contact the Renewals and Fees Department at 905-831-6265 and press 1.
Have old fines on your library card?
Send us an email and we will see if you are eligible for our fines amnesty program.
Please see our Borrowing Guide for information about loan periods for your library materials.
We Want You Back!
If you have a library card you haven't used in years, visit the library to reactivate your card.