Welcome Back! We are happy to see you again!
Pickering is currently in the “Red” level on the province’s new Covid-19 Response Framework. At this stage, the City of Pickering requires active screening of clients coming into any City of Pickering facility. Please print and fill in the visitor self assessment form before entering the Pickering Public Library. Paper copies are also available at the entrance of all library branches.
Exception: If you are entering the Library to pick up a book that is on hold you can verify verbally with staff that you have no Covid-19 symptoms. You will have to pick up the hold, sign it out and leave immediately. If you want to stay and browse the library collection, please take the time to fill out the visitor self assessment form.
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday to Friday: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Saturday: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Tuesday - 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Saturday - 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
George Ashe Library:
Monday, Thursday, and Friday: 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday: 9:30 am to 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Saturday: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Due to occupancy limits, as well as continued health and safety measures, all regular services have not resumed.
What services are available?
- Computer access (15 stations available)
- Printing and photocopying (cash only)
- In-person access to holds and browsing
- Study space for individuals and groups (limited seating available)
- In-person staff support
What should I expect when visiting the Library?
Several safety measures have been put in place to ensure a safe experience for clients and staff. To support these efforts, clients are required to:
- Check in with staff at the front entrance. Due to occupancy limits, at times, clients may be required to wait in a queue. Rest assured staff are working diligently to assist all visiting clients as quickly as possible.
- Participate in contact tracing upon entry and exiting. This will include identifying their name and contact information.
- Wear a non-medical face mask at all times while inside the Library.
- Stay 2 m or 6 ft from others at all times.
- Put any materials used while visiting the Library in the designated return drop boxes. Used materials will be placed into quarantine for a period of time before being returned to the shelves. This does not apply to materials briefly touched while browsing.
- Limit duration of visit to 2 hours or less.
- Wipe and clean any surfaces prior to using them and when finished. This is most applicable to computer use.
- Limit elevator use to one person at a time.
- Limit washroom use to one person/family of the same household, at a time.
- Follow all signs and guidelines while inside the Library.
Please note, when returning loaned materials, all items are placed into a quarantine period. Clients may experience a delay in seeing the loaned materials updated to a returned status on their Library card accounts. Please do not worry! Late fees will not be incurred. In fact, the Library will not be charging late fees for the remainder of 2020!
The Library has increased surface cleaning, which will take place frequently throughout the day.
What about curbside service?
Curbside service remains available at all three locations during the operating hours listed above. The service is now available on a first come, first serve basis. No appointments are required.
While we get your holds prepared, don't forget our digital library remains available 24/7! Visit the library without leaving your home! Head to our Digital Library to see our full list of online resources!