Welcome to the Pickering Public Library. Learn about the different ways you can maximize your library card experience.
Makerspace & Technology
A collaborative space featuring 3D printers, carving machine, vinyl cutter, heatpress and sewing machines; analog to digital conversion equipment; creative stations with music, photo, and video-editing software; sound booth and DJ station; loanable items include: camera, GoPro, and green screen. Visit pickeringlibrary.ca/makerspace for details and booking.
Pickering Public Library offers the following Technology Services:
- Printing, Scanning, Photocopying and Faxing
- Computer Internet Access
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Windows Laptops available for public use in-library
- Wireless Printing in-library
Printing Services include:
Wireless Printing Services: These services are designed to accommodate our clients' needs to print from their personal devices (laptops, phones, tablets, etc.).
Mobility Print: To use Mobility Print at the Library, navigate to the Mobility Print setup (available on Library Wifi only) and follow the instructions for your device. You will be required to create your own PaperCut account in order to use Mobility Print to submit your print job. Click on this link to create a PaperCut account, opens a new window. Once submitted the document can be released from the Release Station by entering your username.
Email to Print: allows users to print by emailing their documents to a special address. No client software or drivers are required. It supports PDF and picture file attachments.
Black & White printing: 10 cents a page
Colour printing: 50 cents a page
Black & White copies: 10 cents a page
Colour copies: 50 cents a page
The Library is now offering 1-on-1 device assistance for you to schedule a dedicated period of time with a knowledgeable staff member to help you troubleshoot basic problems, or for you to learn more features of your new device.
We offer help with:
- Laptops (Windows 10 or newer/Mac OS 11 or newer/Chromebooks only)
- Smartphones and Tablets (Android 8 or newer, iOS 13 or newer only)
- Kobo eReaders (Kobo Touch or newer only, Kindle does not support our eBook providers and Sony/Nook eReaders are no longer supported)
- Email and Microsoft Office Apps
- Any digital services offered through the Pickering Public Library (e.g. Libby, cloudLibrary, etc.)
At this time, we cannot help with the following:
- File Recovery or Drive Partitioning
- Computer Upgrades/Disassembly
- Desktop Computers
- Specialized Software Programs (e.g. Adobe products, tax software, etc.)
The Digital Library provides card holders with 24/7 access to premium services like streaming services, eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines. A variety of resources are also available that range from language learning to job search resources! There’s something for everyone.
Want to keep up to date with events and news happening at the library? Subscribe to our newsletter at pickeringlibrary.ca/newsletters/ We offer five different channels to customize your library experience!
Want to see all the fun we are having at the library or looking to stay up to date with everything happening at the library? Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter at @pickeringlibs.