Following the Province's Stage 3 Guidelines, starting Tuesday, August 11, the Library will be re-opening the doors of the Central Library, Tuesday to Saturday.
Clients will have access to:
- Public computers (15 stations available)
- Printing and photocopying (cash only)
- In-person access to holds and browsing
- Study space for individuals and groups (limited seating available)
- In-person staff support
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday to Friday: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Due to occupancy limits, as well as continued health and safety measures, some regular services have not resumed. The health and wellbeing of clients and staff remain the highest priority. The Central Library may look a little different as several safety measures have been put in place.
To ensure a safe experience for all, clients are required to:
- Check-in with staff at the front entrance. Due to occupancy limits, at times, clients may be required to wait in a queue. Rest assured staff are working diligently to assist all visiting clients as quickly as possible.
- Participate in contact tracing upon entry and exiting. This will include identifying their name and contact information.
- Wear a non-medical face mask at all times while inside the Library.
- Stay 2 m or 6 ft from others at all times.
- Put any materials used while visiting the Library in the designated return drop boxes. Used materials will be placed into quarantine for a period of time before being returned to the shelves. This does not apply to materials briefly touched while browsing.
- Limit duration of visit to 2 hours or less.
- Wipe and clean any surfaces prior to using them and when finished. This is most applicable to computer use.
- Limit elevator use to one person at a time.
- Limit washroom use to one person/family of the same household, at a time.
- Follow all signs and guidelines while inside the Library.
The Library has increased surface cleaning, which will take place frequently throughout the day and continues to follow stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection. Throughout the day, cleaning will focus on high touchpoints such as furniture, handrails, doorknobs, and washroom facilities.
Please visit COVID-19 Library Services for details.
While public entry remains unavailable for the George Ashe Library and Claremont Library, curbside service remains operating at all locations. Beginning August 11, appointments will no longer be required. Curbside service at all locations will operate under a first come, first serve model, for clients who received notification that their holds are ready for pickup. When arriving for curbside pickup, instructions will be posted for how to alert staff.
Additionally, drop boxes at all locations are open for returns.